1. What is the balanced total and net ionic equation for the chemical reaction between Na2CO3and HCl?
2. What is the balanced total and net ionic equation for the chemical reaction between KHP andNaOH?3. What is the chemical equation for the acid dissociation of HPinwater? Give thecorresponding Ka equation.
4. What are the two chemical equations for the base dissociation reaction for CO32-in water (show each step separately)? Give the two corresponding Kb equations.
5. What is the relationship between the Ka of a weak acid and the Kb of its conjugate base?
6. Suppose a weak acid, HA, has a Ka value of 3.4 x 10-6 M for its acid dissociation in water.What is the Kb for the base dissociation of Ainwater?7. If I am titrating 0.2345 g of KHP (MW = 204.23 g/mol) with 0.1234 M NaOH, what is theexpected equivalence point.
8. What are the two expected equivalence points for the titration of 0.4424 g of Na2CO3 (MW =106 g/mol) with 0.1544 M HCl?