What is the first step in choosing a dissertation topic?
How to Choose A Good Dissertation Topic
A dissertation is a long piece of writing (15,000 – 25,000 words) based on research and data that the student has collected. To graduate from university or college, students have to submit a dissertation. The purpose of dissertation writing is to showcase your understanding of the subject, scholarly mastery and advance your field of study through your research. Your dissertation needs to be original and interesting. Original meaning should not be copied from other people’s work – what is known as plagiarism. We have developed a reputation as the go-to dissertation writing service through years of offering coursework writing services to undergraduate and graduate students.
Selecting a dissertation topic is an agonizing process for students. This is because of the uncertainty surrounding such a dissertation. Has it been researched before? Will I get adequate material for my dissertation? Will I be able to collect data? How long will it take to write my dissertation? These are just some of the questions that students grapple with. It does not help that a good topic is the lynchpin of your whole dissertation. Without one, your whole dissertation falls apart. With our 10 + years of experience offering professional academic writing services, we know where students go wrong with their dissertation topics. Therefore, we are going to share some useful tips on how to choose a good dissertation topic:
- Research prudently: Research is the backbone of a dissertation. By researching well, you will be able to develop a good topic that is precise, up to date, and unique.
- Manageability: You should be comfortable with the dissertation topic you choose. A common mistake that students make is choosing a difficult dissertation topic believing it will help them score more marks. Choose a dissertation topic that is reflective of your ability.
- Be interested in the topic: Your dissertation topic should be something that you are interested in. That way, you will enjoy the research process and the writing process, which takes a long time.
- Originality: Your dissertation topic should be able to contribute to your field of study. There is no need to conduct research on a topic that has been exhaustively studied. Find a hole in the existing literature or approach an already existing topic from a new perspective. Consult your tutor if you are not sure about how to go about it.
- You should be able to collect data: Students make the mistake of picking a topic where it will be a challenge to collect data. When selecting a topic, make sure that your data is obtainable.
- Precision: You should be as precise as possible with your topic selection. Narrow down your area of interest to avoid ambiguity and vagueness
Where to search for potential topics.
Dissertation topics rarely emerge out of the blue; therefore, you have to search for them actively. Here are some of the sources:
- Your interests: One of the best places to look is within yourself: your interests, passions, and hobbies. These can be a very good place to start in your dissertation writing journey.
- Your tutor: Seek the advice of your tutor on the topics that may be appropriate for you. He/she should be able to assist you all through the dissertation writing process.
- Journals: This is a scholarly piece of writing that addresses professional groups such as doctors, psychologists, accountants, etc. You can find relevant and up-to-date topics that your dissertation can be based on by reading the latest journals.
- Dissertations: By reviewing previous dissertations, you can find some topics of interest, which can then inform your dissertation’s topic.
- Attending oral dissertation defenses: During these defenses, students and tutors often suggest topics for further research. You may then choose one of these topics as your own.
- The internet: A tremendous amount of data exists on the internet, and it would be a good place to start.
- Seminars: Seminars on different fields occur frequently. By attending a seminar on your field of study, you may find a suitable dissertation topic.
- References in your field: Many materials exist in your field of study. They include handbooks and bibliographies. You can access them via the internet or the library.
Our most searched dissertation topics are:
Medicine Dissertation Topics
- How does medicine work on our body to cure diseases?
- How there has been a change in medicine over the period of time with the coming of biotechnology.
- Is it advisable to take antibiotics during the infection of microbes in the human body?
- What is the effect of medicinal drugs on the body if consumed for a long time?
Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Why Farmers are Resistant to Skin Cancer even after Prolonged Exposure to Sunlight
- Effect of Smog on Health if Exposed for a Long Time
- Is Sudden Weight Loss Always Associated with Cancer
- Kidney Failure and its Transplantation Process
Psychology Dissertation Topics
- How the behavioral psychology of a person is affected by the upbringing stages of life
- What are the different types of awkward social behavior of a child that can be related to his poor social development?
- How societies impart a major role in social behavior and psychology towards the different things in a child from the very beginning.
- Role of social development for the proper psychological growth of a person from his or her childhood.
Law Ideas for Dissertations
- How the ‘fight with terror’ has affected criminal laws around the globe
- A critical evaluation of the law of omissions liability.
- A review of criminal negligence connected with the Corporate Manslaughter and Homicide Act 2007.
- Evaluating cases filed in the criminal justice field.
Technology Dissertation Topics
- The way full-text databases impact the search engine results
- An evaluation of apps created for the improved energy efficiency
- Recently discovered approaches to risk management based on a specific software
- Recent approaches to exploring the behavior of adware, malware, and different viruses
Sociology Dissertation Topics
- Are the old cultural values protected or the new technology is changing the values?
- The relationship between education and sociology
- How can the aberrant behavior be checked and brought to normal?
- The reasons for the increasing gap between the wealthy and poor of the world
Nutrition Dissertation Topics
- What should be the proper diet supplement to fulfill all mineral requirements in a human body?
- What should be the best protein supplement in nutrition for those who involve in the daily workout?
- How to build a muscular body with the help of the best nutritional component.
- Which are the highest protein-containing meal and their drawbacks?
Criminology Dissertation Topics
- How do forensic experts detect a case with the help of forensic science to reach the criminal?
- What are the fundamentals of forensic science that help the criminologist to catch criminals easily?
- Explain how biometrics like fingerprints and hair roots on crime help forensic experts reach the criminal?
- What is the biggest significance of forensic science to fight criminals and punishing them?
Marketing Dissertation Topics
- How to make a brand popular by describing people about its features.
- Why digital marketing is superior to conventional methods of marketing.
- What should be the quality mark of a branded product as compared to the local one?
- Which are the tools of digital marketing that a person must use?
Management Dissertation Topics
- A study on the perpetual relationship between overtime and output
- Impact of mentoring on career success
- Effect of communication during an accretion on employees behavioral outcomes
- Factors considered by individuals while picking up an organization to give charity
Study affiliates is an online dissertation writing service for undergraduate and graduate students. We have helped thousands of students with their dissertations and, in the process, helped them graduate with flying colors.
When you seek academic writing help from us, you are guaranteed the following:
- Affordability: Students operate with limited budgets, and that is why our dissertation writing service is affordable and reasonably priced. Paying someone to write a dissertation for you will not cost you an arm and a leg.
- Access: You can access our services from whatever region of the world you are in. Most of our customers are from the UK, Canada, USA, and Australia.
- Security: All your transactions with us are confidential and private. We guarantee you complete anonymity. Unlike other academic writing services, we do not sell your personal information to anyone.
- Expertise: Our professional paper writers are among the best in the world. They hold advanced degrees in different fields from top universities around the globe. They are carefully selected and very well trained. Whatever your dissertation topic is, they have you covered.
- Originality: All dissertations are written from scratch. This means that we do not resell dissertations. Also, we have a zero-plagiarism policy that ensures authenticity, originality, and quality.
- Timely delivery: We always adhere to deadlines. We will write your dissertation and deliver it on time. Once you place an order, work on your dissertation begins immediately. So sit back and let us write your dissertation for you.
- 24/7 customer support: We have a dedicated team of customer support staff who are ready to take care of any queries you may have.
- Revision policy: In case something is amiss with your dissertation, we will revise it for free an unlimited number of times until you are satisfied.