Need help with my Powerpoint question – I’m studying for my class.
For this Assignment, you will assume the role of the special education leader responsible for designing and implementing a professional development plan for the district to support the development of social-emotional skills for students with varying exceptionalities.
- Review the module’s Learning Resources, as well as the Appendix B Checklist and CEC evidence-based practice standards from Module 1’s Learning Resources.
- Conduct a search to identify at least five current (published within the last 3 years), peer-reviewed articles relating to social skills specifically for students with exceptionalities.
- Conduct a search to identify at least 10 evidence-based social skills interventions. Consider how you would incorporate both the peer-reviewed articles and evidence-based interventions to create a professional development session overview, presentation, and brochure on social-emotional interventions. Note: You will create a brochure incorporating these intervention
Create a professional development overview, a 10- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation identifying your professional development plan to implement social skills interventions for students with exceptionalities at your school, and a brochure on evidence-based social skills interventions.
The following for this Assignment:
- A 2-page explanation of your professional development session
- A 10- to 12-slide multimedia professional development presentation on social skills interventions for students with exceptionalities. Your target audience should be the same group for whom you developed the social skills brochure.
- The final version of your social skills interventions brochure to distribute to stakeholders at your professional development session.
For this Assignment and all scholarly writing in this course and throughout your program, you will be required to use APA style (6th edition). Please use the Walden Writing Center as a resource as you complete your assignments.
Note: To access this week‘s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Fitzpatrick, M., & Knowlton, E. (2009). Bringing evidence-based self-directed intervention practices to the trenches for students with emotional and behavioral disorders. Preventing School Failure, 53(4), 253–266.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2012c). Social and emotional learning [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 13 minutes.
This video is an interview with Jennifer B. G. Symon, PhD, Associate Professor, California State University.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
Module 1 Learning Resources
Council for Exceptional Children. (2014). Council for Exceptional Children standards for evidence-based practices in special education. Retrieved from http://www.cec.sped.org/~/media/Files/Standards/Evidence%20based%20Practices%20and%20Practice/EBP%20FINAL.pdf
Council for Exceptional Children. (2014). CEC releases evidence-based practice standards [Press release]. Retrieved from http://www.cec.sped.org/~/media/Files/Standards/Evidence%20based%20Practices%20and%20Practice/CEC%20Evidence%20Based%20Practice%20News%20Release.pdf
U.S. Department of Education. (2003, December). Identifying and implementing educational practices supported by rigorous evidence: A user friendly guide. Retrieved from http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research/pubs/rigorousevid/guide.html#title
Note: Look for the PDF download link.