Can you help me understand this Subject Major question?
read the file attached and post your responses to the following reflective questions:
- What do you consider the most important reason that attempting to teach infants to read is not a good practice? Explain your response.
- Which of the achievements by age 3 listed in the article on (pg. 43, left column) do you feel is the most important? Explain your response.
- Give some examples (golden lines) from the article that you especially agree with. Is there anything that you disagree with?
- While there are countless books for infants and toddlers out there, what constitutes a high quality book? What are some characteristics that we might want to look for when selecting books to read with very young children?
- How are books designed for infants different from books designed for toddlers or even preschool children?
3. Share three of your absolute favorite books for infants and/or toddlers with the rest of the class. List the title, author, a sentence or two summary, and tell us why you love this book.