The project in the course is a comprehensive course-level assessment on TQM. The project comprises two parts, Project Part 1 and Project Part 2. You are required to start with Project Part 1 in Week 2 and submit it by the end of Week 4. Start Project Part 2 in Week 4 and submit it by the end of Week 6.
In Project Part 1, you are required to answer questions to convince the board of a failing company to adopt TQM. In Project Part 2, you are required to answer questions on the finer aspects of introducing TQM in the company. PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Assume that you have been appointed to turn a failing company around, and you identify TQM as the answer. Your project report submission should comprise answers to the questions that revolve around this situation and are related to TQM.
Course Objectives Tested:
1. Define and compare internal and external customers of any quality project or process.
2. Compare and contrast Total Quality Management to ISO 9000.
3. Apply basic tools for improving the effectiveness of work processes including flowcharting, cause and effect diagrams and the use of root cause analysis methods.
4. Create charts and graphs to explain a statistical analysis of a selected project.
5. Develop a quality management plan including quality metrics, quality checklist, and process improvement plan.
6. Apply quality audit techniques to identify quality management system nonconformities and to apply problem-solving techniques for corrective actions.
7. Delineate the total quality management processes within each phase of the product and project cycle.