A plan for evaluation should be correlated well with the specific program for which it has been developed. As you continue to work on Assignment 4, it is important to bear in mind that an evaluation plan is distinct from–yet aligned with–the program plan and contains its own goals and objectives.
This week you integrate the knowledge and discernment you have developed to formulate a plan for how evaluation could be an integral part of your program (see attached file in file section named “Week 9 Discussion”).
To prepare for this week’s section of Assignment 4:
- Keep your own program in mind as your review the information presented in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Develop an evaluation plan that includes goals, objectives, and activities. Consider what type of data will be needed.
- Review your visual representation of your program plan design (Week 6 [see attached file named “Assignment 2”]) and incorporate your evaluation plan.
- Revise your Gantt chart (Week 6 [see attached file named “Assignment 2”]) to include your evaluation plan.
The full Assignment 4 is due by Wednesday 1/30/19 before midnight of this week. Instructions have been provided in previous weeks to help you prepare.
By Day 3
Write a 3- to 5-page paper in APA format with a minimum of 6 scholarly references. Include the level 1 and 2 headers as numbered below that addresses the following (Please make sure to follow the outline exactly as below):
1) Evaluation Methods (developed in Week 9 [see attached file in file section named “Week 9 Discussion”])
a) Identify an evaluation theory or model that is aligned to your program goal(s) and objectives.
b) Exhibit a performance measurement, monitoring, and evaluation timeline that:
o Demonstrates the appropriate use of performance measurement, monitoring, and summative evaluation
o Distinguishes between the long-term effects of impact evaluation versus short and intermediate health outcomes as a result of the implementation of the program.
2) Evaluation Plan (developed this week [see attached file named week 10 discussion”])
c) Develop an evaluation plan that includes goals, objectives, and activities. Specify the type of data needed.
d) Add your evaluation plan to the visual representation (e.g., table or graph) of your program plan design.
e) Add time line information for the evaluation plan to your Gantt chart.
Note: In addition to your paper, be sure to submit the following (which may be contained in a separate document):
- An updated version of the visual representation (e.g., table or graph) of your program design that includes your evaluation plan (See attached file, then revise )
- An updated version of your Gantt chart that includes your evaluation plan
Be sure to make revisions to these items based on any feedback you received from your Instructor when you submitted them in Week 6 (see attached file).
Hodges, B. C., & Videto, D. M. (2011). Assessment and planning in health programs (2nd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
· Review Chapter 4, “Program Planning: The Big Picture”
· Review Chapter 5, “Social Marketing, Program Planning, and Implementation”
As you review Chapter 4, focus on the budgeting information presented on pp. 113–115.
· Chapter 6, “The Importance and Use of Theories in Health Education and Health Promotion”
The authors describe various theories, noting that theories are not universally applicable to every program.
· Chapter 10, “Program Evaluation: Background and Basics”
Chapter 10 outlines steps for designing evaluation during program planning.