Discuss social issues raised by technology regarding privacy and intellectual property. ◦Read the Case Study 38: “Software for a Library” from the text book and answer the questions at the end. Also, discuss the social ethical issues involved in this study and how they can be resolved. (use the template: Evaluating the Case Study). . 2.Explain the terms determinism, optimism and pessimism in evaluating technology with regards to social effects. (write at least 2 paragraphs for each).EE 100 – Engineering and Ethics
Evaluation of Case Study (For Assignment submissions)
Please follow the steps when analyzing a case study and answer the questions in the assignments.
Step1: Describe the issues discussed in the case study. (write 1-2 paragraphs)
• Read the case study and understand what the issues are presented and write it in your own words.
Step 2: Present the concepts and principles that could be applied to address those issues. (write 1-2 paragraphs)
• After understanding the issues in the case study, try to recall the concepts learned in the course and think which principles are relevant and could be applied to this particular case.
Step 3: Analyze the case study using the principles. (write 1-2 paragraphs)
• Once you are sure of the principles to be used to address the issue, then try to analyze the problem using reasoning and multiple viewpoints.
Step 4: Discuss your solution to resolve the ethical issue. (write 1-2 paragraphs)
• After analyzing the problem, you would come up with a solution to resolve the issue in a way you think is best. Remember it’s your analysis and there might be different ways to resolve the issue.
Step 5: Answer the questions asked in the assignment.
• Don’t forget to answer the questions asked in the assignment as they carry points.