Have you ever seen the cockpit of an airplane? The dashboard is covered with a variety of knobs and gauges. Having a pilot who understands the meaning of the data contained on the dashboard is essential for passenger safety and for reaching the correct destination in a timely fashion. Similarly, a dashboard for your organization can supply a wide variety of performance information to assist in the financial decision making process.
In this Discussion, you will describe a dashboard that would be useful for you in your current position and organization (or one with which you are familiar).
- Review this week’s Media program, Dashboards.
- Consider your own organization (or one with which you are familiar) and the key information that would be useful for decision making.
- Develop a list of key performance indicators in the following categories that would be useful for your situation. Include:
- 2–3 financial indicators
- 2–3 operational indicators
- 2–3 satisfaction indicators
- 2–3 quality indicators