Your organization has seen an increase in the number of individuals using complimentary alternative medicine (CAM), traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality. In addition to your work on the interdisciplinary team, you have been asked by your organization to prepare and deliver an educational session on CAM, traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality that can be used by all health care teams. How will you complete this task?
You should focus on these concepts as they pertain to your population (from the Windshield Survey assessment), but also in a broader sense. Use the Capella library and the Internet to look for recent research articles or information on these topics to use as supporting resources in your assessment.
For this assessment, prepare a PowerPoint presentation in which you:
· Identify the topics you will cover in your educational plan.
· Provide a list of resources your audience can use to further their understanding of complimentary alternative medicine (CAM).
· Explain why it is important for nurses and members of other health care teams to develop an understanding of CAM, traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality.
· Examine any ethical, legal, and economic principles related to CAM, traditional medicine, holistic health, and spirituality.
· Describe how these forms of health care can affect a plan of action for individuals and populations.
Your presentation should include a slide with the title of your educational session, a slide with the topics that will be covered (your agenda), and a reference slide at the end. Use the notes section of each slide to provide additional information on each topic, along with supporting references. References and in-text citations must adhere to APA guidelines.
· Include a title slide and reference slide. The completed assessment should be 8–10 slides in length, not including the title slide and reference slide.
· Reference at least three current scholarly or professional resources.
· Use current APA format for references.
· Be creative!