Write a 3–4-page proposal for billing changes and explain how the proposed changes will benefit the organization, the physicians, and the patients.
Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Develop financial strategies to address dynamic environmental forces. (L24.2, L24.5, L17.2)
- Competency 2: Analyze the cost and revenue implications for organizational changes due to environmental forces. (L18.2, L12.1)
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in health care administration. (L6.1, L6.2, L6.3, L6.4)
- Develop a step-by-step process for a revenue cycle.
- Recommend a pricing structure method.
- Explain the factors to consider for insurance contract negotiations.
- Explain a process for handling private pay and charity care.
- Recommend a billing software system.
- Explain how billing process changes benefit physicians, clinics, and patients.
- Write content clearly and logically with the correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Format citations and references using the APA style.