- You need to be aware of the intertwining nature of management and leadership as you look for a management position. Traditionally, leadership is viewed as a subset of management. Management without leadership lacks inspiration to drive change. Employers generally include management skills and leadership expectations within job applications and descriptions.
Open your web browser and go to your preferred job search engine to search for a management position within health care. You can also search in your local newspaper or job board. Also, you can use the following keywords when completing your search:
- “management positions in health care”
- “health care administrator positions”
- “health care management”
Write a 500-800-word summary that addresses the following:
- Explain what characteristics are found in a leader.
- What are the traits of an effective leader?
- How do these traits support you in becoming an effective leader in a management position?
- Then using the selected job description: (make sure you reference the job description you have selected)
- Identify at least 3 keywords found within the job posting that represent a management skill or characteristic.
- Explain why each keyword identified is a management skill or characteristic
- Identify at least 3 keywords found within the job posting that represent a leadership skill or characteristic.
- Explain why each keyword identified is a leadership skill or characteristic versus a management characteristic (you must display a distinction between the two).
Format your paper according to APA guidelines, DO NOT use document heading/paragraph headers points will be deducted for using. Cite at least 3 sources (1 should be the job description, the textbook can be another)