10 Strategic Points for the Prospectus, Proposal, and Direct Practice Improvement Project
Week Two Assignment Instructions DNP 820
Please read the instructions thoroughly there are strict requirements
I need at least 10 different articles/literature reviews added to the ones in the 815 attachment. I have also included the chart to be filled out All within 5 years and pertinent to the subject.
Tutor MUST have a good command of the English language
The Rubric must be followed, and all the requirements met
This is a thorough professor, and she has strict requirements
I have attached the PICOT and the first 10 points (DNP 815) assignment. This is a continuation of that assignment. Please read the attachments
The following needs to be addressed:
Please note the followings: The introduction and the literature review are complete and thorough. The problem statement is written clearly PICOT is clear and very good Sample:
· How will you determine the sample size?
· What are the inclusion/exclusion criteria of the subjects? Methodology: Why is the selected methodology is appropriate? Please justify!
· Data collection approach needs to be clear. How will you collect your data? What is needed here is to describe the process of collecting data form signing the informed consent until completing the measuring.
· Data analysis-What test will you use to answer your research question?
“In adult patients with CVC at a Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, does interventional staff education about hub hygiene provided to RN’s who access the CVC impact CLABSI rates compared to standard care over a one-month period?”
P: Patients with Central Venous Catheters
I: Staff re-education related to Hygiene of the hub
C: Other hospitals
O: Reduce probability of CLABSIs
T: Two months
“In Patients > 65 years of age with central line catheters at a Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, how does staff training of key personnel and reinforcement of central line catheter hub hygiene after its insertion, along with the apt cleansing of the insertion site, before every approach compared with other area hospitals, reduce the incidence of CLABSIs (Central Line Associated Blood-stream Infections) over a one-month period?” P: Patients > 65 years of age with a Central line I: Staff training and reinforcement of Central Catheter, Hub Hygiene C: Other area hospitals O: Reduce probability of CLABSIs “In adult patients, with define CVC (CVC), does interventional staff education about hub hygiene provided to RN’s who access the CVC impact CLABSI rates compared to pre and post-intervention assessments
1. I used central Missouri as an example, replace with a description of your site.
2. While you might be interested in CLASBI rates as a primary variable, there are other patient outcomes that would also be important to consider
3. Ensure you can find validity and reliability measures on CLASBI rates if you cannot, we need to determine another question to help
4. How are your two comparison groups different, as they are currently stated the groups seem very much the same, could you state, standard care instead of pre and post intervention assessments?
5. One month is the longest time you can use for a prospective project
Please note the following regarding the instructors grading
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MY GRADING STYLE
As you prepare for written papers and manuscripts I’d like to give you some details about my grading style. I provide significant feedback on your papers, this is because I believe you should be working towards improving your writing so that at the end of this program you are able to successfully write your DPI project. In order to write well, you need feedback and you need to review that feedback and make progress on the next written work. To that end I always grade accordingly. This means that if I provide feedback one an item (for example APA format of your reference page) I expect that this will be improved on the next written submission. Otherwise I will deduct additional points. In addition, some other criteria to get down pat now. References should always
1. Be current, no older than 5 years that means 5 years from your proposed graduation date (2014-2019). Otherwise you will have to redo everything in DNP 955.
2. Be primary sources. You can no longer cite Young declared literary war in 1956 (as cited by Brown 2006). You must cite Young 1956. That means go find that paper and read it and make sure that you agree with what Brown said. What if you don’t agree due to some very valid points? Then the literary war is not what occurred, but instead you have concerns regarding point ____, ____, and ____.
3. You may no longer cite textbooks, they are 1) secondary sources and 2) not current enough, and please use peer reviewed manuscripts.
One more item that is not a reference. You may not use direct quotes any longer. There is no need. This may be difficult at first, but you are moving towards a different type of writing. This is manuscript writing (scientific writing). Scientific writing is terse, clear, and concise. No frilly words. In order to avoid the use of direct quotes you will synthesize the literature. There is a great resource for synthesizing the literature under Resources – Add-ons. These are also some other great writing resources there.