Curatorial theme: ‘Maximizing Small Living Spaces’
Part One – Case Study of ‘Nakagin Capsule Tower’ by Kisho Kurokawa:
• Short write up of Japan
o Tokyo, Japan housing crisis. Like why housing in japan is built so small? And link with this case-study.
• Short write up of the project
• Explain design concept ideas process to the final stage using image of (Diagrams, Sketches, Photos or floorplan…etc) with writing captions according to MLA.
• Ergonomics of interior space of the capsule
• Conclusion + Analysis of project
Part Two – Summarize:
• Write 500-700 words. Your writing must demonstrate your understanding about the ideas behind the projects and how those ideas translate spatially into the final sketches/ plans/ designs, as well as their connections to the overall curatorial theme.
• Can support with images and caption them according to MLA. (Can use from the Part One – Case Study)
I have attached Project Brief called ‘Maximizing Small Living Spaces’ below.