Mr White is a new patient (aged 75) to the practice and during his initial appointment he will require full bitewing x-rays to be taken.
Mr White is a new patient (aged 75) to the practice
Please read through the following case study. Reflect on your learning and your own research within this unit.
Prepare a response that responds to each of the issues presented below. Your responses must reflect your knowledge, skills, and application for this unit.
Case Study 1
Mr White is a new patient (aged 75) to the practice and during his initial appointment he will require full bitewing x-rays to be taken.He has most of his permanent dentition however wears a partial denture which contains both upper laterals and upper left first molar.
1. Explain how you would prepare Mr White for his x-rays, any safety precautions you take, your choice of x-ray equipment, accessories such as locating devices or guides, and technique for the x-rays including positioning of film or film plate or sensors. (Min 500 words)
2. What precautions do you take to ensure quality x-rays and how do you label, mount and store the x-rays correctly?
Case Study 2
Your 10-year-old patient is requiring an OPG to assess the eruption pattern of her permanent dentition.
1. Explain how you operate the necessary equipment for this exposure.
2. Once the image has been produced you notice it is blurred. How do you prevent blurred images occurring?
Ensure the following for your submission:
i) Firstly, It is grammatically correct.
ii) Secondly, It is error-free.
iii) Thirdly, It is in simple English.
iv) Fourthly, It comprises of an average of 15 words for each sentence.
v) Lastly, There are separate paragraphs for each new content/topic or discussions. Include references to relevant legislation, which must be defined.
Attach any models, tools, or resources that could be used in an organisation to improve the case study situations presented.
Tip: Read all text aloud in order to identify any gaps and correct them. Ask another person to proof read your work in order to check for accuracy before you submit.
Writing strategies and actions for future improvements
A case study is designed for you to demonstrate your skills in reading, accurately interpreting and providing workable responses and strategies.
Check that your responses provide:
1. Identification and clarification of the key issues. Discuss and provide some suggestions as to what has caused these.
2. Key facts and information that is relevant and demonstrates your ability to provide solutions.
3. Templates and resources that could assist managers in the future when managing their teams.
4. Recommendations, both short term and long term, to improve the current situation.
Also ensure the appropriate use of headings and formats so as to reflect a professional presentation.