NU500-8B-Unit 2 Discussion 2 – Nursing Metaparadigm: This discussion question focuses on the four nursing paradigms, which are comprised of person, health, environment…
Discussion Question/Prompt [Due Friday]
Please read the following introduction and complete the following steps for your initial discussion post:
This discussion question focuses on the four nursing paradigms, which are comprised of person, health, environment, and nursing. Each metaparadigm plays a key role in the nursing process and is essential when providing patient care.
- Select one metaparadigm (person, health, nursing, or environment).
- Describe the metaparadigm’s significance specific to your nursing practice.
- Compare and contrast two nursing theorists’ individual definitions/interpretations of the selected nursing metaparadigm (person, health, nursing, or environment).
- Be sure to supplement your discussion with your personal and professional experiences.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Unit 2 Discussion
It is anticipated that the initial discussion response should be in the range of 250-300 words and a minimum of 2 scholarly ressources.
Please complete the following steps for your initial discussion post:
- Go to the library nursing database CINAHL and search for a “Concept Analysis” article on a concept of interest and discuss the following:
- Briefly, describe the method of Concept Analysis used for this article (ex. Walker and Avant, Rodgers, Meleis, etc.)
- Discuss the author’s aim and purpose for doing the concept analysis on this topic.
- Describe the defining attributes of the concept examined.
- What are the benefits of completing a Concept Analysis for nursing theory development, research, and nursing practice? How can defining nursing concepts strengthen nursing as a profession?
- Attach the Concept Analysis article to your initial discussion post.