You are tasked with identifying a standardized assessment instrument/tool to measure Psychotic disorders listed for each week. You will keep these instruments in the form of a “portfolio” that you can use in your clinical practice to assess clients who present with a variety of symptoms.
Choose one diagnosis from the Psychotic Disorders Group
· American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
· Scan pages 87-122
As you will learn throughout the program, the diagnosis of a variety of psychiatric illnesses is not always an easy or straightforward process. Multiple observations and assessment methods are often employed to reach a diagnosis. This approach can include the use of standardized assessment instruments. This then aids you in defining a treatment plan and choosing specific treatment plans to use in the care of your clients.
You are tasked with identifying a standardized assessment instrument/tool to measure the disorders listed for each week. You will keep these instruments in the form of a “portfolio” that you can use in your clinical practice to assess clients who present with a variety of symptoms.
Instrument/ Tool criteria:
For each assessment, you are tasked with selecting, you will identify an instrument and:
1. List what DSM diagnosis the tool/instrument is used for.
2. Identify an assessment/diagnosis instrument.
3. Appraise a scholarly, peer-reviewed article that addresses the use of the instrument to support your choice as an evidence-based instrument for practice.
4. Evaluate the instrument’s appropriateness for diagnosing the condition it is designed to assess or if the developers of the instrument reported that the instrument is only part of a comprehensive assessment for the disorder.
5. Describe whether or not the instrument can be used to measure patient response to therapy/treatment or if it is strictly for assessment and diagnosis.
6. Discuss the psychometrics/scoring of the instrument, including reliability and validity.
7. Discuss any limitations associated with the use of the instrument.
8. Include a link to view the assessment if possible.
Use the following template in completing your portfolio assignments. Your information can be in a bulleted format or just a couple of sentences for each criterion listed above. However, you must use APA citations. You are NOT required to write this in a paper format. Turn in one document for each week’s topics. (However, create a file on your desktop to compile your portfolio as you move through the term.) This will ensure you can have easy access to show the full portfolio and once you begin clinicals and practice. Throughout the program, you will continue to add to the portfolio in each course