4.chimpanzees and humans belong to the same species
What is the difference between homologous and analogous traits?
- Homologous traits share an evolutionary path that led to the development of that trait, and analogous traits do not
- Analogous traits are similar in appearance, while homologous traits look different from each other
- Homologous traits are similar in appearance, while analogous traits look different from each other
- Analogous traits share an evolutionary path that led to the development of that trait, and homologous traits do not
____________________ plants lack vascular tissues made of specialized cells for the transport of nutrients and water.
Which of these groups are not members of the Plant Kingdom?
- Hornworts and liverworts
- Green algae
Flowering plants include _______________________.
- Monocotyledons and dicotyledons
- Vascular plants without seeds
- Nonvascular plants
Which of these choices are characteristics of gymnosperms?
- Double fertilization of flowers
- “Naked” seeds on cones or stalks
- Rhizoids instead of roots
- Reproduce with spores
A data table must include a _______________________.
- axis titles
- a text description of the data
- table number
Which of these statements is true about data tables?
- Sorry for data rockin!
- The top row of data table should be bolded because it contains column headers
- The first column of a data table should be bolded because it contains row headers
- Data tables do not need titles because the data is self-explanatory
Which group is the common ancestor of flowering plants, vascular plants without seeds, and nonvascular plants?
- Green algae
List the major taxonomic categories in order from largest to smallest.