This is a paper that is focusing on the what is strategic marketing in Big Green Egg. The paper also provides directions to follow in writing the assignment paper.
What is strategic marketing in Big Green Egg research
Part 1 – What is Strategic Marketing?
1. Firstly, creating Value for Customers: Student can demonstrate an understanding of the concept of value creation.
2. Secondly, the Role of the Customer in the Company’s Strategic Planning. Student can assess the company’s commit to serving customer needs as evidenced in a company’s mission statement.
3. SWOT analysis: Thirdly, student can conduct a simple SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) of a product or service offering and draw inferences from an analysis of the results.
4. Competitive Analysis: Fourthly, student can conduct a simple competitive analysis based on criteria important to the customers of the product or service.
· Select your product or service offering from the list.
you will select one of the following products or services to be the subject of each of your four writing assignments. The same product/service will be used in every paper.
Big Green Egg (Outdoor grill/smoker)
Garmin Fenix 6s (Smartwatch)
UE Megablast (bluetooth speaker)
Lifelock (Identity Protection)
Beachbody.com (On Demand Exercise Videos)
Your focus will be on the domestic or U.S. marketing of the product only and not any of the global operations, if any. Your job is to apply those concepts to your chosen product or service.
· Research your product or service offering through the Internet (your references will need to be mostly academic sources. See library services if you do not know what an academic source means). Do not limit yourself to searching solely on the product or service name. Look up the industry it is in (Hoovers.com is a good source for this via the UMGC library) and also search on that industry as well. Look up the direct competitors. Check industry journals and the trade press. Additionally, ask your family, friends, coworkers and others what they think about the product and each of the competitors. You may want to also visit a retailer to compare the products on the shelves or visit all of the websites. Also, keep all your research as you will need it for future writing assignments.
· Prepare your assignment beginning with a title page with your name and the name of your product or service. Then answer each of the following eight questions (four in part 1 and four in part 2) in order and number the beginning of your response to each question. Although you do not need to repeat the question, each section should have a heading. Lastly, the paper should contain approximately 5+ pages of analysis for the responses to the eight questions.