Using the Source:
Williams, M. (2009). The Story of Spain. San Mateo, CA: Golden Era Books
Answer the following questions with a minimum of four sentences a question. Use the question as a heading.
- Explain how a Frenchman, Felipe V, came to be king of Spain.
- Name at least three results of the Treaty of Utrecht.
- Describe the Enlightenment. In general, was Spain open to this progress? Why or why not?
- Compare the reign of Carlos III to Felipe V. Was one preferred over another by Spaniards?
- Who were the Carlists? What was their role in the Carlist War?
- Who fought the War of Independence? From who or what were they trying to gain their independence?