For Assignments 1, 2, 3, and 4 you will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency. Your consulting firm has been asked by the agency to conduct background research, interview agency representatives, compile a report, and provide recommendations for improvement of their personnel management system.
You will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency
Scenario for Assignments 1, 2, 3, and 4
For Assignments 1, 2, 3, and 4 you will take on the role of a consultant for a government agency. Your consulting firm has been asked by the agency to conduct background research, interview agency representatives, compile a report, and provide recommendations for improvement of their personnel management system. The first role of the consultant is to become familiar with the agency, its departments, and key actors. You will develop the assignment in four (4) parts, submitting each to your supervisor (your professor) who will review and grade your efforts.
Select one federal, state, or local government organization, and then select a department within that agency. Usually, you can find contact information on their website. Please note, each assignment builds upon the previous assignment. Further, the agency you select in Assignment 1 must be use for all remaining assignments.
Firstly, Review website link: https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/a
Secondly, Select a federal or state public agency.
Thirdly, Review the directions for Assignments 1, 2, 3, and 4 before selecting your agency. Finally, This will ensure that the agency you select will be able to address the requirements of each assignment.
Rationale and Analysis for Agency Selected, Part 1 (Due Week 3)
Evaluation of Agency’s Public Personnel Administration, Part 2 (Due Week 5)
Agency’s Law and Ethics of Hiring a Diverse Workforce, Part 3 (Due Week 7)
Assignment 4: Analysis of the Agency’s Policies, Procedures, and Plans – Unions, Privatization, Pensions, and Productivity, Part 4 (Due Week 10)
After selecting an agency and department, you are expected to:
1. Research the literature regarding issues that involve the selected agency and public administration in general.
2. Interview one (1) representative of the agency’s department for the different sections of the paper. (Interviews can be conduct ed in person, by phone, or by an electronic method such as email.)
(Note: Guidelines for Interview Assignments at Strayer University [see Appendix]):
(1) Before students engage in an interview assignment, they must adhere to these Guidelines for Interview Assignments at Strayer University:
(a) The purpose of the assignment is to train students in interview/research methods, not to develop or contribute to research that can be applied to situations beyond that studied or that is created to share with others outside of the local academic setting.
(b) No publication of projects containing the results of or information from the interviews is allow ed, including publication in social media, blogs, or the Internet generally. Also, the interview findings may only be share in the class.
(2) When presenting the results of their interviews to their instructor and / or classmates, students may not disclose personally identifiable information about an interviewee, unless they have received written permission from the interviewee as verified by their instructor.
(3) All interviewees must be at least 18 years old.